I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

They came, They saw, They conquered

The McKinsey session was hosted a few days back by the consulting club. I must say I was really impressed with the McKinsey people. Contrary to my expectations, they were open, friendly and extremely down to earth. When they spoke we heard—absolutely amazing people. By the end of the session it was everyone’s dream company already. It is amazing to see, how a good orator can leave lasting impact on the audience.

All said and done, they added a lot of fire to the consulting hoopla at ISB. What I liked best about the session was that they were very open about sharing even the minutest detail of the recruitment process. And so everything was very clear. Hope it gives some sense to people about applying to McKinsey or otherwise .

Another impressive session was with the CAS. The workshop on resume writing was a very good one and gave valuable insights about how others view your resume. It is an early start for us and I am sure this will help us in preparing that perfect resume’.

Term 4 is tougher than I thought. The biggest problem is that there is absolutely no time and a ton of stuff to do. With PAEV and ELP deadlines staring at my face, I am as clueless as ever. But as they say at ISB "gimme a deadline and I ll meet it" . Banking on my newly accquired ability to meet any kind of deadline!

Macquarie bank wants students to do a project on REITs. This is topic very close to heart. But most probably I will not apply due to lack of time. God why do we have only 24 hours in a day--? Don’t know but that’s how it is.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey - apply for the project...it will just be one more deadline to meet! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home