I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Sunday, August 06, 2006

This Club and that one—

In term 3 a lot of clubbing activities are going on at ISB. Read the dialogue below to get a feel.

An alien from Mars is visiting ISB over the weekend and there is this volunteer ISBian whoz showing him around.

After an extensive walk they are chilling out at the atrium when ISBian starts frantically looking at his watch and feeling uncomfortable. Alien realizes this.

A: What’s the matter? U have some work?

I: I have a club meeting.

A: Club wow that sounds fun.

I: No this is a professional club. Its Consulting club not some junkie club

A: A club for consulting—wow

I: Yeah it’s a big thing at ISB

A: kool. What all Clubs do you have?

I: We have Finance, Real estate, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Energy and Operations, Health care, General management and many others. You can form a club for any professional area as long as you have 20 ppl interested.

A: That’s some new definition of clubs. Do you only have these boring clubs what about fun clubs?

I: We do have a lot of fun clubs as well. Music, arts and creativity, Quiz, Sports etc

A: wow ISB looks like some good clubbing place

A: So what do these professional clubs do?

I: They focus on their area of concentration. They take care of industry and alumni interaction, organize speaker series, conduct workshops and work on building relationships with Industry.

A: Oh so do they get you jobs in your area of interest?

I: No one can get you a job unless you deserve it. But being a part of a club does help build up some knowledge in your area of interest.

A: hmmm. So how many clubs are you a part of?

I: he he well I am part of some 16 clubs

A: oh that many???

I: well honestly I don’t attend most club events. Its just that I became a member. Ideally you should choose one or two of your choice

A: If I come to ISB I would make a club of all clubs---All the people who are not part of any club will join my club.

I: Well you wont find many members –

A: anyways you carry on for your club meet.

I leaves and the dialogue ends.

“Clubs clubs everywhere
Lot of knowledge they have to share
One club here and one club there
Some work hard and some don’t care
With my calendar full of club fare
I don’t know to go where?”

Ok now all must ve realized my poetry sucks---- but nevertheless----

Till next time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home