I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

No Option, No Future!

The bidding euphoria is on a full swing at ISB and people are really using all the management fundas like game theory, influencing, extensive number based analysis etc to calculate how much they should bid for each subject .It works out to a BIG number no matter what method you use. So an eccentric soul like me is faced with questions

Them: How much are u bidding for Fixed Income?

Me: Not taking

Them: I thought u ar a CA. Y are u not majoring in Fin?

Me: I am but no Fixed income

Them: Options and Futures?

Me: Not taking that either

Them: r u nuts? Which I- bank will recruit u if u havn’t done Options, Futures and Fixed Income

Me: not really interested in I banking

Them: Then? Consulting??????

Me: May be.There is other stuff also

Them: What other stuff? U got grades?

Me: @#$%&%$#

Them: Dude u are making a mistake

Me: really!

Them: NO I banking means no future for Fin major. U got to apply to Goldman and Deutsche

Me : uhhh

Them: Take Options and Futures. Bid 1500 points

Me: [Wondering]

Is there an option or a future apart from “Options and Futures” and will I be able to earn a fixed income without the “ Fixed Income” course? I don’t know. But I don’t see how the situation would change even if I take these courses. As far as first round of bidding goes I am not taking these no matter what "they" say

Last day of Sec A. Term exams in 2 days. Lots to do.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home