I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Sunday, April 23, 2006

About People and Perceptions

I have wanted to post this on the blog for last two days but was just deliberating if I should. However, I am doing it anyways as this is one of the most hilarious incidents I have come across here.

Its about perceptions the human mind tends to have about people we havn’t even met. ISB is a conglomerate of people with diverse ethnic backgrounds. Certain names tend to inspire a smile or even a laugh when we come across them. Suddenly, it’s the tendency of people to come up with a mental picture of the person. For instance a person with a name like Gabbar Singh is supposed to have big moustache and a heavy voice and so on.

So here we are. There is this guy , A who has an interesting name and theres this guy B who wants to meet the other guy just for his name ( cos he has a certain mental picture of the person and he wants to ensure that its correct). So our guy B goes to the dining hall and given the mental picture of a frail and pale looking creature, he asks this guy in the queue if he is A.

Can you guess who it was? The economics professor. Now B is going crazy about the whole episode and given the fact that some alumni told him that the Prof is very good in remembering faces, B thinks hes going to loose grades in the subject.

So there comes our first MBA lesson: “Never have preset perceptions”

Ha ha I am getting better with gyan.

PS: This post would ve been better with real names but I cant write them for obvious reasons. Those who know the reference to context would enjoy it better

3 Comments:

  • At 1:18 AM, Blogger Kapil Mantri said…

    Really want to know that A and B :D.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Venkat said…

    meet me in person and i would happily narrate this story. Believe me you wont be disappointed.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Anu said…

    Even I wanted to know who is that A and B. Which Economics prof? Amit Bubna!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home