I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Got Started

So finally on campus---

ISB has so much on offer. I am confused and scared. Kya karoon kya nahin karoon. But it seems that everyone is posed with the same question when they come to ISB.

We are have a lot of gyan sessions as a part of orientation. So much gyan-- my head seems like a computer with a full 100 GB disk cos it takes a lot of time to start and even after starting theres no space left to store anything. I guess i will have to go in for extenal media for the courses(read groupmates)

We have been divided into study groups. Mine is sec A Group A1. Comments on group: ROCKS

My Quad: Bunch of silent(but nice) guys: ROCKS as well--

We were taken to a bunch of govt schools by the Net Impact club to interact with kids and do a profiling of the needy kids. Absolutely amazing experience.

Some of my observations so far:
1) Earlier for first 2 days people used to move in groups based on geography. Like i was hanging out with mumbai Junta. But now suddenly Section and group have assumed importance. Me has barely spoken to Mumbai friends not in Sec A for last 2 days

2) Each section is supposed to have a slogan and a chant. People are using all their creativity to come up wth all kinds of whacky stuff

3) We have intersection competitions going on. Section A MUST win.

4) 90% of the batch is eyeing consulting jobs. Me wondering if so many get into consulting there will be no one left to provide consultancy to( is this making any sense?)

5) Services at housekeeping are excellent. I guess it will be difficult for us once we are out cos all bad habits will be developed--Thanks to the services on offer

6) Things are going to be different once the course work starts. A lot more pressure to stay in the room/LRC and put in some work. These days the challenge has been to stay in the room with so much happening. I have spent not more than 5 hrs a day in my room :( (ofcourse all on sleeping zzzzz)

7) Blogging regularly looks like a challenge--

8) Lot of parties--one has to pick and choose

9) They should ve provided us with more than 1 section T shirt

A Lot to write--more would follow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home