I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Monday, March 13, 2006

The Last trip

It was one of those magnificent trips as I realized that I may not make such trips anymore at least for sometime to come. This weekend I made a trip to Oman. I am very nostalgic about the place as I have spent about 30 months there.

For the first time visitor its difficult to believe that Oman is a part of the middle-east which is characterized by deserts. Oman is beautiful. Wide roads, a lot of greenery (natural and created) and rich cultural heritage are characteristics of Oman. Geographically it is located about 450 Kms east of Dubai. It is an excellent tourist destination in my opinion. More about Oman can be found on http://www.destinationoman.com/

Talking of the Middle East, it’s an absolute paradise for the driving buff. Excellent roads (better that the US, oh yea I ve seen both and can say this with authority), dirt cheap petrol and affordable car prices make driving very pleasurable and attractive. I calculated yesterday that I ve driven about 300000 kms on the highways(thanks to numerous trips between Dubai and Muscat) in Three years and most is it was pleasure driving!!!!!

One more week and I ll be out of this place. No regrets as better things are in store. Only memories shall remain--------(and a lot of themJ)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home