I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Friday, November 17, 2006

What’s Hot, What’s not?

Now since exams are here, no matter how much I try to study I can always think of things I should complete before I start studying. So I thought why not make my list of what is currently hot on campus these days and what is not. Here’s my take: (not in any particular order)

What’s Hot ?

1) Consulting: Everyone wants consulting. So consulting is the obvious buzz word. Consulting rocks at ISB. So do all the wanna be Consultants.(atleast they think so) The McKs and BCGs and ATKs of the world. Hot hot favorite among all kind of junta. Likely to continue on the hot list till the shortlists are out -----
2) CCMA: Chronic crimes, Murders and Accusations ---noooooooo it is Corporate Control, Mergers and Acquisitions. Thanks to the superb ratings of the Prof. and good course content, this course being offered in Term 6 is really hot.
3) B-school competitions: Everyone is participating in them. So to get resume bullets, some for fun and some because its really kewl to do so. Everyday some competition or the other keeps coming up. ISBians have actually done very well in some
4) International Placements: This is quite hot these days. Many companies including some top notch I-banks and some great companies are a part of this. Needless to say most people are applying to most of these jobs.
5) Admissions: Admissions for the successors to the kingdom of ISB. Evaluations, interviews and everything. Hot hot—(atleast for those in the taskforce)

What’s not ?

1) Gyan: A general term for any kind of crap which one person talks and (usually) the other does not understand. [“Gyan” means knowledge in hindi but it can mean several things at ISB. Like stop giving ”gyan” I am tired of it or we have an alumni “gyan” session---depends on context] These days ppl are really tired of gyan.
2) Parties: Well sadly on the not so hot list. Nothing very interesting is happening on this front. Social life council needs a wakeup call.
3) I-Banking: Was on the hot list till last week or so. After DB and GS interviews has cooled down a bit. Very likely to get back on the hot list soon.
4) Pre-read: This has continued to be on the not hot list since term 2 or so. Not likely to recover now!!! (Pre-read means reading prior to the class and going prepared for discussions)
5) Blogging: Pointed out by consultant yday. Sadly, I had to agree. Bloggers have suddenly gone dead. Except a few here and there, not many posts—Wake up ppl.

Oops another thing really hot is exams starting on Monday. I better study else I am sure to burn my fingers-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home