I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Then and Now

Its interesting to see how human behavior changes with time and circumstances. Ok now that doesn’t mean I am going to write some gyan on behavioral psychology. Just trying to compare exam time in Term 1 and Term 6.

Then:Oh my god exams in a week.

Now:Is the exam today or tomorrow?

Then: I have read the material only once for before class pre-reads. I am going to get screwed in exams

Now: Do we have a coursepack for this subject ? I have'nt collected mine!

Then:I have four exams in two days. I am screwed

Now: I have two exams next week. I remain screwed

Then: O God , an A, at-least in this subject

Now: Please god please please please please just one more B !

And the list goes on---

So basically the exams week is really chilled in the electives. Most of the subjects in electives are advanced applications of the core term subjects and have take home projects, which makes more sense over an exam as its closer to a real life simulation. Another reason most people have stopped caring about exams is that these grades aren’t coming out before placements for sure! Yet another reason is that people have just gotten used to it.

I still recall our first midterm, Microeconomics. People studied like crazy—I mean really like crazy as if there is no tomorrow!

Over time grades et al have stabilized and people know where they are going to end up. For me, I never thought I will be so chilled before exams.

However certain things never change. So my uncontrollable urge to write blog posts just before exams refuses to go away.

Happy New year to all.

And Wish us best of luck for the upcoming placement season.
I cant be more shameless than this par acche placement ke liye sab kuch karna padta hai

3 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :-)

    good luck for the exams!

    I'm more worried about the 3,000 word write-up for Outsourcing.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Venkat said…

    All the best dude. The way we are going in this term, we need good wishes in tons :)

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy new year venkat! And all the best for exams.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home