I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Monday, November 27, 2006

The Focus Shifts----

As term 6 starts today, I would say it marks a beginning of an entirely new phase in our lives at ISB. Radical or exaggerated as it may sound, but the focus from this term is going to be mainly on placements( if not entirely). I can see the various highs and lows people would go through this phase as the international placement process going on right now is really like a trailer of the movie to be released in Feb.

The first couple of weeks in Term 6 are full of activity. There is the Capital Markets Conference on 29th followed by the ILS this weekend and Global Logistics summit over the next week.

I can see a direct negative correlation between the thickness of the course material and the seriousness with which students would read the material in Term 6. Most of the course packets weigh equal to the heaviest weight at the gym. Probably ISB wants to ensure that its graduates are healthy and fit apart from excelling academically.

However, the courses in term 6 (at-least the ones I have taken) look extremely interesting. I am particularly looking forward to CCMA and INPE courses, which would involve discussions on some really exciting M&A ,buyout and PE cases in the class.

Activities of most clubs would be at peak this term and would culminate as the term ends. The capital markets conference and Mckinsey visit on Dec 1 for an advanced case interview workshop can be termed as the "perfect begining".

term 6 is going to be the most hectic----(would confirm this by the end of the term)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home