I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Elections and Mid term

After amma has lost ground in Tamilnadu and change of governments takes place in a few other Indian states, its election time at ISB too. The elections for the President GSB have been announced recently and as everything else in ISB its very fast track. Just two days for nominations, one day for soap box and boom we are ready to vote. All the netas (read Presidential candidates) have suddenly become active and are actively or passively seeking votes. Manu wrote in his blog that the President of the GSB is the face of the school and has to be some one we can look upto. Well, I cannot agree more. Today I was discussing with some fellows about the qualities we should look for in the GSB president. I have come up with the following list:

1) Clarity of thought and clear agenda for the year
2) Easily approachable
3) Impartial attitude
4) Unquestionable integrity
5) Ability to manage the team of directors. This is important as unlike in case of a formal organization, the Prez wont exersice any real authority to get the work done.
6) Presentable and a good communicator

Basically some one we can trust with 95% confidence interval. (Yeah that’s the Stats effect). I am not sure who all are contesting and what will be their agendas but it would be out soon.

Another hot event is approaching. It’s the mid term exams. While some people are eagerly waiting for the exam to be able crack them and get their precious grades, some others are a bit scared. From my side I have broken the record of staying past midnite as I am up and running writing this post at 1.30 am. But I guess, this is rather going to be a norm than exception in the days to follow. LRC is full of people pouring over all kinds of stuff and the first exam is showing its true effect.

This is just going to get more intense in the next week. I am hoping for a combination of relaxation and effective work over the remaining two days of the weekend. Next week is going to be full of action with GSB elections and Mid term preps going on in full swing side by side. I would be watching closely---

2 Comments:

  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Mama said…

    I am quite sure that most from the unofficial list of people dont qualify for a lot of the mentioned qualities.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home