I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Monday, May 15, 2006

For Democracy

Just came back from the soapbox for the GSB Presidential elections. All the candidates made their respective “Elevator Pitches” as they call it. I was a little disillusioned by the way things shaped up. I would like to believe that given the forthcoming Midterm exams there was a certain lack of enthu among the student body.

I believe that a democratic process, in order to be successful has to be participative. Participation again comes from two levels: Contestants and voters. A lack of participation from either side or even one side does not help the cause. In this scenario the elected body cannot be said to be the true representation of the population and so it defeats its own purpose of existence.

It is understandable that exams are pressure but is it not our responsibility to make sure that our school progresses through the year in good stead ? Those who are indifferent to the political process have no right to crib later.

I believe that it’s the collective responsibility of all concerned to participate and make the democratic process a success. If we fail to do that, we are loosing out big time.

Yaa I know this is getting a little more opinionative than usual, but then the very purpose of a blog is expression of opinions. Isnt it?

My two cents to all: Cast your vote. It wont effect your A grade ( if you are getting one otherwise ). May the best man (as there are no women in contest----) win.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Agreed!!!

     
  • At 2:21 AM, Blogger Mama said…

    i think we should make it a point to go behind each and every person and compel them to vote.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home