I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Will I be able to----

Blog regularly? Is one of the many will I be able to ? questions I am asking myself these days (others being trivial issues like will I be able to pass this term, this course et al). Blogging is fun but its a serious challenge amidst the impossible schedules that ISB imposes upon you.

An example of schedule at ISB over next three week period and beyond looks like this:
Week Three weekend: Friday Exams. Second phase of the term starts, new professors—so a lot of pre reads for Saturday and Sunday
Week Four: Full of classes, an impossible number of assignments and icing on the cake we have classes on weekend too.
Week Five: High pressure. Exams early next week. Assignments. We actually need to study for the exams now
Week Six: Exams on first two days. If you are thinking that rest of the week would be free-------keep dreaming. Some of us have Leadership Dev program. Come next week Term two begins!!!!

The year looks like a 24 x 7 production line where we have no control over the conveyer and it just keeps moving ( here conveyer being time) and we work 3 shifts!!. So now I know what a one year MBA is all about.

But the biggest positive aspect of being in a school like ISB is that there is absolutely no compromise on the course coverage and the quality of learning expected from the students. So if one takes a long term view of things, its of immense benefit to all.

Coming to campus life-loads of stuff happening. Mostly political, but since I am a political animal—I kind of like it. Was a lil disappointed to see a poor turnout at Soapbox presentations for very important posts. I guess workload got better of many people. Expecting better turnout for today’s session------

Meanwhile my battle with grades and assignments continues---------

Regarding the question i asked upfront----i am trying my best to continue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home