I, Me, Myself and ISB!!

This blog is about me and my life at ISB--Hence the name I,Me, Myself. Its just a chronicle of events as they unfold during my tenure here. No knowledge sharing, no talk about finance, public policy, economy or industry trends..(However that does'nt mean i dont know about all this stuff:))--This is a "gyan free" blog.Enjoy reading

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Term 1 over---A salute to wizards

I had taken a mini break from blogging to give due respect to the end term exams which got over yesterday (not that it made any difference but nevertheless---). Term 1 is officially over and as someone said we are 1/8th MBAs already!

A lot of blogs have talked about professors and now its my turn say a few words. I would list my favorite Profs of Term 1 in that order

1) Prof Bob Stine and Prof Waterman from Wharton, who taught us the Statistics course were the best teachers I have ever seen in my short life! Although my grades may not reflect the same but they made me fall in love with the subject. I have studied basic Statistics before but never had such amazing concept clarity and the managerial view of the subjects. Absolute gods those two--
2) Prof Jagmohan Raju, also from Wharton is totally impressive as well. His stint with us is still not over and he comes back to teach Marketing 2 in Term 2. His style of case analysis makes us wonder why we cant ever think like that. There is so much depth in his analysis and the way he teaches the subject is just awesome. An then there is cold calling! Your picture appears on the screen and you are supposed to answer the questions! Pure fun!!( as long as you are not cold called)
Apart from these, we had many Profs who were very good in their own right. A big thanks to all of them.
Term 2 starts in a weeks time. The course pack looks absolutely scary. After the pain of exams it’s the pre-reads we have to deal with—
A lot of people have gone back home for the term break. So were missing home so much as if they ve been away for years. I think the grueling schedule here adds fuel to the fire. I am staying back enjoying the serene beauty of the campus. I can’t seem to have enough of it—

2 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Enakshi said…

    Why haven't you talked of the other two subjects?
    :D
    Having fun post-Term 1?

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Venkat said…

    Theres only so much you can write in a blog :) it doesnt mean that i dint enjoy it-

     

Post a Comment

<< Home